I think I'm going through a phase. My beauty routine used to be pretty mellow and low-maintenance: clean face with Clarisonic, moisturize, fill in eyebrows, go. I probably spent $100/year on beauty-related products. These days, however, I am taking my skincare and beauty routine just a little more seriously and have found some essentials that really work for me. Most of these were tested and referred by trusty friends, with the exception of the Maybelline concealer which I discovered (and swear by) at Target. What are some of your beauty essentials?
1. Sonia Kashuk Totally Orderly Costmetics Bag ($15) - Super spacious and low-key bag with plenty of storage to keep everything organized. Travel-sized toiletries fit perfectly in the pockets for easy traveling.
2. Laura Mercier Mineral Powder in Natural Beige ($39) - I only use powder for those 'special pretty days,' but when I do this powder blends easily and a little goes a long way.
3. The Face Shop Chia Seed Eye Cream ($20) - My younger sister introduced me to The Face Shop, one of Korea's top beauty stores. Their products work so well for Asian skin. This eye cream uses chia seeds to moisturize and whiten the dark circles. I started noticing the effects after about two weeks!
4. Maybelline Cover Stick in Medium Beige ($5) - My miracle stick that covers all the blemishes and dark circles as well as evens skin tone. I recently shared this beauty secret with Style Bistro.
5. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Medium Brown ($21) - Kim introduced me to wonderful brow pencil that naturally fills in eyebrows. The only bummer is the price! I usually go through 2-3 pencils a month.
6. BeautyBlender ($20) - To evenly and thoroughly blend concealers, foundation, BB creams, etc use this sponge!