First, I want to say I’m terribly sorry for the radio silence as of late. It’s been a busy, busy summer so far and time has been flying! Second, I want to announce that I am taking a purposeful summer break. Here’s why: I believe with every job, labor of love, or project we commit ourselves to, there comes a time when it’s necessary to step back, reflect, and evaluate. This August marks 8 years of blogging for me. Eight yearsssssss. It’s been so wild and interesting to watch the industry bloom the way it has, but because I’m usually knee-deep in content creation, I’ve missed out on engaging in a lot of the newer blogs. I’m really looking forward to diving into other people’s blogs, getting lost, and learning as much as I can.
I’d also like to analyze data as it pertains to Upperlyne so that I can figure out what direction we’re going towards and give you more of what you want! I’ll be looking at your favorite posts, as measured by “likes” received and comments, to figure out what types of posts should be my focus. My hope is that I’ll return in mid- to late- August with a renewed sense of purpose and stronger content and conversations here for you.
With that said, I'd truly appreciate your feedback on how to improve as well as suggestions on your favorite blogs and websites!
A few questions/ideas I'm curious about:
- What are your favorite / least favorite posts?
- What more would you like to see?
- Have you enjoyed contributor posts? Examples: food, wellness, or design.
- We're currently using the Squarespace comment format. Would it be easier for you to comment if we switched to Disqus?
- What are your top 5 favorite blogs, YouTube Channels, or websites? Why?
- What keeps you coming back here?
- And finally, what is your blog? I'm in a deep search for inspiration!
For taking your time to provide your honest feedback, I'll be sending a gift to one random commenter! I'll keep it tight-lipped for now but trust me when I say you'll love it.
I anticipate returning mid-late August. Be sure to subscribe via Bloglovin' or to my newsletter to know when Upperlyne & Co. returns! Until then, you can follow my travels and daily updates on Instagram. Have a safe and wonderful rest of your summer and I'll see you all soon!!