“Sonja Lyubomrisky is a social psychologist who has compiled extensive data on what makes people happy: expressing gratitude, cultivating optimism, avoiding overthinking and social comparison, practicing acts of kindness, nurturing social relationships, developing strategies for coping, learning to forgive, increasing flow experiences where one is absorbed in activity, savoring life’s joys, committing to your goals, practicing religion and taking care of your body through physical activity.”
For some reason, I'm the last person to find out when Mercury is in retrograde. A string of technology failures, communication issues, and an emotional roller coaster took ahold of me inconveniently during a much-anticipated trip to the Pacific Northwest last October. Everyone tried to reason with me: Mercury is in retrograde! I had no idea what it meant and brushed it aside. It must have been a one-time thing.
Sikeeee. For the past week, I've been feeling completely off-kilter. Highly emotional and over-analyzing everything from my personal relationships and my life choices to the placement of my apartment. Oy! It's been a headache. Until the Twitter universe kindly threw me a bone. I just love Harper's Bazaar's article on how to survive the next couple of weeks. If you want to prepare for the next cycle, the next round is May 19 until June 11th. I've marked my calendar! And, per my horoscope and the quote above will funnel all my energy into getting things back on track, including this here blog. How are you faring?
Here are a few other links keeping my mind off the crazies:
1. I've really got to get on top of this list: The 25 Classic Restaurants Every New Orleanian Must Try (EaterNola)
2. Even though I've been in a long-term relationship, I still try to understand What Men Want (Evan Marc Katz)
3. The 5 Words That Improved My Email Efficiency & Inbox Woes (Hands & Hustle)
4. Our brilliant design team shared a preview behind the branding of Montrose Shop (Stitch Design Co.)
5. And, finally The 10 most important life lessons to master in your 30s (QZ)