I’m awfully late in the beauty game but better late than never, right? For no other reason than desperately needing to repair my severely dry, adult acne-ridden skin (cue: why I’m doing Whole30), I’m on a mission to find effective products that will liven up my skin and reduce my pampering time. Here are a five new beauty discoveries that have earned their keeps in my amateur (but evolving!) beauty routine.
1. Caudelie Micellar Cleansing Water – I had no idea what ‘micellar cleansing water’ meant but when I came across an article that stated French women swore by this make-up remover, my curiosity was piqued. Because my skin is in less than ideal condition, I turn to tinted moisturizers or liquid foundation pretty much every day to feel confident. It’s a whole lot of junk on my face that’s quite hard to remove with just one cleanser. I’ve started to build my own Korean-inspired 10-step skincare routine (more on that in April!) and started using this religiously after washing my face. If you saw my SnapChat, you saw all the make-up it took off. And, it smells heavenly. The con? Not the cheapest thrill.
2. Aesop Body Cleanser – My sweet cousin (hiii Sheila boo!) sent this Aesop gift to me and I immediately fell for each product in the set. I would’ve added each of them in this picture but that just wouldn’t look right. Anyway, love this non-abrasive, gentle cleanser that I use very sparingly so it can last for as long as possible. Seriously, can Aesop do wrong? No.
3. Honest Beauty – Jessica Alba is a phenomenal businesswoman and I support anything she’s behind. When Honest Beauty launched, I was probably the first person to subscribe to the beauty bundles! Because I’m allergic to almost everything, I thought it was ‘normal’ to break out for a few weeks when trying new make-up. Er no. That’s not supposed to happen! I’ve transitioned my face cleanser, foundation, and tinted moisturizer all to Honest Beauty because they work and don’t cause me to break out in hives. All natural make-up products?! Who knew that would solve the problem.
4. WunderBrow – Real talk: I had little to no eyebrows for most of my life. If I added up all the hours I spent filling in my eyebrows or how many times I came home from work with a missing eyebrow, it would be a disturbing number. Last year, my friend Angie of Browtiq performed eyebrow feathering, which finally gave me eyebrows. Now all I do is shade them in just a little with this amazing Wunderbrow (in brunette) product that doesn’t come off unless I want it to. Eyebrow game finally getting there!
5. Sally Hansen’s Ouch Reflief Wax – Until I can invest in laser hair removal, this wax is a holy game changer. It seriously does not hurt, especially for underarms. Ouch(less)!
Know of something I should try? Share the wealth! xo